STOP LIVING ON AUTO-PILOT – If you’re like me, you reject the notion that life is simply what happens and instead, want to purposely make your one life EXTRAORDINARY!
You’d rather make things happen in your life. After all, you only get one brief appearance on the orb so why not do everything you can to make it EXTRAORDINARY?
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
Living an extraordinary life is a choice. No one forces you to live an ordinary life. It’s what happens if you simply live on auto-pilot and become the victim of your circumstances.
I learned a long time ago that life is passive by nature. Passivity, over time, leads to an ordinary life. I also learned that if I wanted something more, something better, a life that was fun and exciting, it was within my power to create.
I decided to transform four areas of my life from ordinary to EXTRAORDINARY:
- CAREER :: Engaging in the work my DNA codes me to do better than anything else
- CONNECTION :: Going deep and nurturing the connections with those I care most about
- ADVENTURE :: Rejecting the auto-pilot mode of living and designing a life with multiple adventures each year
- CHARACTER :: Devoting time to cultivate areas of interest so that my character is an example to my children
THE FOUR ESSENTIALS FOR LIVING AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE
I’m often asked what’s essential for being extraordinary. After some deep introspection, I came up with four essentials for kick-starting this process. They are as follows:
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE :: understanding what makes you tick
- IDENTIFY WHAT YOU CARE MOST ABOUT :: identifying what’s truly important to you
- TRANSLATE YOUR DREAMS INTO GOALS :: setting specific goals for growth
- TAKE MASSIVE ACTION :: taking one action every day to achieve your goals
THE FIVE-FOLD SELF OF EXTRAORDINARY LIVING
Being EXTRAORDINARY is an act of revolution. You’re tasked with planning your approach to life and making every part of it count. When you know the right course of action, you stop at nothing.
An EXTRAORDINARY life is evidenced by:
- SELF-EXPRESSION :: Be unapologetically you. If that means you’re tattooed and pierced or sport a crew cut or a man-bun, so be it.
- SELF-ACCEPTANCE :: Be your own best friend. Stop apologizing for your appearance, body type, or lack of whatever. Be kind to yourself and watch others do the same.
- SELF-CONTROL :: Know your limits, your strengths, and what areas you want to improve.
- SELF-LOVE :: Love is an inside job. Start each day making friends with yourself.
- SELF-MOTIVATION :: You can make a unique, EXTRAORDINARY contribution to the world by engaging your deepest work. When you follow this path, you’ll never need another to motivate you.
THE 5 PRACTICES OF AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE
Living an EXTRAORDINARY life provides you with a unique view of life. You’ll become action-oriented and not content to sit on the sidelines what life passes you by. you’ll begin making thing happen and the following five practices will help you achieve EXTRAORDINARY results:
- LIFELONG LEARNING :: Continually learning, improving, applying what you learn to your life.
- DEEPLY CONNECTING :: Those that make it to your inner circle and trusted friends, colleagues, and partners help make our lives EXTRAORDINARY.
- BLURRING THE LINE :: By engaging in your most meaningful work, you’ll blur the line between work and play.
- CULTIVATING INTERDEPENDENCE :: You’ll recognize that you can only be successful and EXTRAORDINARY if you interact with those around you in a respectful, mutually tolerant manner.
- VIEW LIFE AS ADVENTURE :: Rather than view life as a series of challenges to be overcome, you’ll view all of life as a series of adventures.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU….WHY NOT START TODAY?
Does this sound like a movement you want to be part of? If so, I’d love to have you on board. When you subscribe, you’ll get notification of all future posts in your inbox as well as the free download, Your Most Meaningful Work in pdf.
It’s a workbook to help get you started on your way to living an EXTRAORDINARY life!