Hi, and welcome to BarryMorris.net
In case we haven’t met, I’m Barry, but my friends call me Baz. To summarize what I’m passionate about, I’m a writer, a minimalist, and a meditation practitioner utilizing a blend of Zen, Tibetan, and Shambhala Buddhist traditions. I write about these topics here on this site with a special focus on what it means to live a meaningful life those of us over 55…just with less stuff.
I’ve found that helping others is the key to getting ahead in life. I thank my late dad for teaching me that by way of personal example.
He was never one to see someone in need and walk on by. He passed away last year and it was an honor to take care of him during his final two years of life.
What I’m currently doing
I’m currently living in Southern California after 30 years in the San Francisco Bay Area and I’m focused on these things:
- Showing up for work and doing my best
- Helping my youngest son find his path in life
- Carefully tending my long-distance relationship with Karen
- Slowly and carefully getting back in shape – after a few age-related injuries
- Eating keto and feeling the benefits of my body changing (30 pounds down thus far)
- Taking photos with my iPhone X and posting them to Instagram
Last update: August 18, 2018. This page inspired by my online friend (though we did meet once in San Francisco) Leo Babauta