In case we haven’t met, I’m Barry, but my friends call me Baz. I’m a writer, a minimalist, a partner to Karen, a father of four and a grandfather of seven, as well as a proud liberal Democrat. I write about these and other topics. You can read a list of essays here.
Compassion and empathy
In my 61 years of experience, I’ve found that helping others is the key to getting ahead in life. I thank my late dad for teaching me that by way of his personal example.
He was never one to see someone in need and keep walking. He exemplified compassion and empathy. He passed away in 2017 and it was an honor to be his caretaker for the final two years of his life.
What I’m currently doing
I’m currently living with my girlfriend Karen (sweetly pictured above) in San Jose, California (after a two-year stint in southern California). I work once again in the bejeweled city of San Francisco as a technical writer, and I’m focused on these things:
- Embracing my highly-sensitive and empath superpowers
- Slowly and carefully getting back in shape – after a few age-related injuries
- Re-engaging the keto nutritional plan and feeling the benefits of my body changing (30 pounds down thus far, 20 to go)
- Reflecting on how much this country has stepped backward over the past few years and voicing my opposition to the current regime
- Tweeting about these issues here: @BarryMorris
Last update: June 30, 2019. This page inspired by my online friend and writer Leo Babauta, though we did meet once in San Francisco.