If you’re like me, you reject the notion that life is simply what happens and instead, want to purposely make your one life extraordinary. There’s just one problem…an extraordinary life isn’t the norm. In fact, it’s a bit unconventional.
But hey, that’s not a bad thing, right? I happen to think its a great thing!
I’ll bet you’d rather make things happen in your life. After all, you only get one brief appearance on the orb so why not do everything you can to make it the best possible?
What this Site is About
It’s about living an extraordinary and unconventional life as a choice. No one forces you to live an ordinary life. Rather, it’s what happens if you simply live on auto-pilot and become the victim of your circumstances.
I learned a long time ago that life is, by its very nature, passive. Passivity, over time, leads to an ordinary life.
I also learned that if I wanted something more, something better, a life that was fun and exciting, it was within my power to create.
I decided long ago to live an unconventional life, particularly in these areas:
- Career – engaging in the work my DNA codes me to do better than anything else
- Connection – going deep and nurturing the connections with those I care most about
- Adventure – rejecting the auto-pilot mode of living and designing a life with multiple adventures each year
- Character – devoting time to cultivate areas of interest so that my character is an example to my children
The 4 Essentials for Living an Unconventional Life
I’m often asked what’s essential for being unconventional. After some introspection, I came up with four essentials for kick-starting this process. They are as follows:
- Know who you are – understanding what makes you tick
- Identify what you care most about – identifying what’s truly important to you
- Translate your dreams into one overarching goal – knowing your ONE-THING
- Take consistent action – taking one action every day to achieve your goals
The 5 Principles for Living and Working Unconventionally
Living and working in an unconventional way is an act of revolution. You’re tasked with planning your approach and making every part of it count. When you know the right course of action, you stop at nothing.
An unconventional life is evidenced by:
- Self-expression – be unapologetically you. If that means you’re tattooed and pierced or sport a crew cut or a man-bun, so be it.
- Self-acceptance – be your own best friend. Stop apologizing for your appearance, body type, or lack of whatever. Be kind to yourself and watch others do the same.
- Self-control – know your limits, your strengths, and what areas you want to improve.
- Self-love – love is an inside job. Start each day making friends with yourself.
- Self-motivation – you can make a unique, unconventional contribution to the world by engaging your deepest work. When you follow this path, you’ll never need another to motivate you.
The 5 Practices of an Unconventional Life
Living an unconventional life provides you with a unique view. You’ll become action-oriented and not content to sit on the sidelines while life passes you by. You’ll begin making thing happen and the following five practices will help you achieve unconventional results:
- Lifelong learning – continually learning, improving, applying what you learn to your life.
- Deeply connecting – those that make it to your inner circle and trusted friends, colleagues, and partners help make our lives unconventional.
- Blurring the line – by engaging in your most meaningful work, you’ll blur the line between work and play.
- Cultivating true independence – you’ll recognize that you can only be successful and unconventional if you interact with those around you in a respectful, mutually tolerant manner.
- View life as an adventure – rather than view life as a series of challenges to be overcome, you’ll view all of life as a series of adventures.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU….WHY NOT START TODAY?
Does this sound like a movement you want to be part of? If so, I’d love to have you on board.
My advice is to take my free course on Working From Anywhere.
- You’ll receive a complimentary 16-page report to help get you started on your way to living an unconventional life by discovering your dominant themes and your most meaningful work.
- You’ll also be automatically added my my preferred reader list as someone who cares deeply about living a different kind of life; one that’s unconventional and adventurous.
Ready to get started? Simply fill in the form below, confirm your subscription, and I’ll send you the first lesson within seconds.
How To Work From Anywhere
GET THE 5-EMAIL COURSE IN YOUR INBOX AND START LEARNING HOW YOU CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE, LIKE I DO. ALSO, DOWNLOAD A 16-PAGE PDF FOR DISCOVERING YOUR DOMINANT THEMES!